Sign in to follow this  
Rina

Weekly Announcements - Happy Groundhog Day!

Two Truths and a Lie - Mitzrayim  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the lie?

• I own a real samurai sword that I bought at a convention for $30
    • I have a tattoo of a rose coming out of a gun as a tribute to my favorite band Guns N' Roses
    • I tried adopting a frog I found while at summer camp

Hello FocusedAF Community! Happy Friday and Groundhog Day!

8rCXW7F.gif

Here’s your announcements for the week:

Two Truths and a Lie
Most of us missed Zach’s lie last week!
Zach’s lie was: My incredibly famous sock puppet, Ruffles, is named after a childhood pet gerbil. Ruffles was, in fact, named after... nothing!
Congrats to @MK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ for getting it right!

This week’s participant is @Mitzrayim!

• I own a real samurai sword that I bought at a convention for $30
  • I have a tattoo of a rose coming out of a gun as a tribute to my favorite band Guns N' Roses
  • I tried adopting a frog I found while at summer camp

Which do you think is the lie? Vote in the poll above!
Would you like to be our Two Truths and a Lie participant next week? Enter with this form!

Introductions
Thank you to everyone who has created an Introductions thread this week! It’s been great seeing everyone’s interests and projects. We look forward to getting to know even more folks in this community, so please drop by Introductions and introduce yourself if you haven’t yet!

Forum Updates: Emojis!
Fun fact: Twitter’s emoji library is open source, and we’re importing some of it to expand our emoji library! This weekend we’ll be importing some fresh new smilies. If there’s any part of the emoji library you think we should prioritize, let us know!

Community Announcements

If you have an announcement to share with the FocusedAF community, please submit it here.
Announcements are subject to moderator approval (we will contact you if we have concerns!), and must be submitted by 9:00 PM, EST on Thursday to appear in Friday’s announcement.

• Self Care Sunday - 2/4
    This week’s theme is “Balancing being creative with being on social media & using technology.” Stream will start between 2:00 and 3:00 PM EST, and include an interview with Nate Maingard. Subscribe to Zach Valenti’s YouTube channel for notifications when SCS is live! 
  • Won A Playwriting Contest - Alicia
    Last semester I submitted a play I wrote to a festival happening at my university. This week, I got an email saying my play had been chosen, and it’s going to be cast and put on in the festival in April! I’m beyond excited for this and honored to have been chosen!
  • Like 2

Update: Emoji import: Part 1 is complete!

You should now be able to find the Twemoji style emojis under the "Smiley" set on the emoji toolbar!

:cool-glasses:  :cool-glasses:  :cool-glasses:  :cool-glasses:

up next, organizing them into a sensical order...

1 hour ago, MK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

ironically I met both the sock puppet and the smoke bombs on a video chat yesterday

Me too! I'm still in disbelief of the smoke bombs. If Zach ever has a self-care Sunday meet up he's gotta bring those to set off in celebration.